As we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 emergency, please know that keeping the people we support and our staff healthy remains our top priority. We will provide regular updates on this page as the situation changes. FCS and its affiliates have put together a task force addressing the landscape and making decisions based on recommendations from regional authorities. We are carefully stocking our programs with food, household supplies, and other items, and are making emergency plans to meet a range of contingencies.
Our Direct Support Professionals, and House Managers are essential staff to the organization, therefore, we have been looking at alternate staff scheduling, and monitoring the situation closely making necessary adjustments for everyone’s safety. We have instituted the following measures:
FCS has instituted a “Q&A” Helpline with any questions, concerns or suggestions you may have. Leave a message at, (570) 213-4333 or send an email to QandA@fitzmaurice.org
- All residential group homes will continue to operate
- Visitors, individual home visits and community activities are not permitted
- All staff and individuals coming into a group home from the community must wash their hands with soap and water for twenty seconds.
- FCS will disclose any information obtained if there is anyone exposed to or is diagnosed with the Corona Virus within our organization, and take the necessary precautions
- Shop on-line for groceries and schedule delivery or pick up limiting exposure to the community and large crowds
- FM is available to deliver supplies where necessary; gloves, paper towels, toilet paper…
- FCS is maintaining its supply of personal protective equipment. If you feel additional comfort in the use of your own personal protective equipment while on the job, please do so.
Current Program and Agency Closures
- The Library Café is closed until further notice
- Community and Companion Services are operating on an “as needed” basis
- FCS Administrative & Client Services offices are open to essential staff only
FCS asks that we all do our part in the prevention of this virus – here are some tips that we urge EVERYONE to follow:
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
- A temperatures of 100.4 and over MUST be reported to a doctor, or an ER Visit is required
- If you may have been in contact with someone with the virus, and choose to “self quarantine,” please contact FCS’s HR department
- Regularly sanitize frequently touched household items with a disinfectant wipe, bleach or Lysol (including house, equipment in the home, and vehicle interiors)